min 6 - max 10
EUR 850 double room - extra per single room EUR 180
Byzantium, Constantinople, Istanbul ... three evocative names like three are the empires of which it was the capital in its millenary history.
Gateway through Asia and Europe, a crossroads of cultures and peoples ... Istanbul is this and much more.
We will walk the streets of this ancient capital on a photographic tour, in search of iconic shots and hidden images, famous monuments and secret alleys.
We will visit the markets and photograph the diverse humanity of Istanbul. We will move between landscape photography, reportage and architecture ... We will engage in long exposures on the Bosphorus and in very rapid "stolen" shots of the street, in unison with the breath of the city.
We will be accompanied and guided on our itinerary by the photographer Aldo Bianchi, author of the books "Santeros" and "¡Pelota!", collaborator on various publications including Meridiani and author of several exhibitions in Italy and abroad. Aldo is a great connoisseur of Istanbul and its variegated reality and its experience will give the journey a unique added value.
We will stay in a boutique hotel in the historic center, in Sultanahmed, "close to everything" (... also
at rest): a perfect combination of atmosphere and modernity. We will eat in the many street restaurants that crowd the streets of the capital, offering tasty, light and absolutely convenient menus
We will return home with a new light ... in the camera and in the heart
- The "Sultanahmed Triptych": St. Sophia (entrance INCLUDED), Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern
- The Topkapi Palace with its fantastic architecture and its treasures (entrance INCLUDED)
- Sunset on Galata Bridge with its fishermen and the restaurants on the water
- Suleymaniye Mosque (sunset and sunrise from the hill)
- Sunset from the Asian side at Uskudari
- Eyüp Sultan mosquee and famous Pierre Loti Cafe on the top of Eyüp hill
- District of Kadikoy with its market and restaurants.
- Spice Bazaar (also called the Egyptian Market)
- Ancient Grand Bazaar with its 4,000 shops
- The small but so lively Galata fish market
- Galata Tower with its view of the city
- Karakoy District with its characteristic red tram
3 nights in a standard double / superior room in a 4 * boutique hotel with breakfast All visits as scheduled Transfer to / from airport by taxi (3 per car) Movements in the city's public transport, including boats Compulsory health insurance Accompanying
International flights (Turkish direct from main airports round trip approx. EUR 250/300) Meals (Approx EUR 30/day) Travel cancellation insurance 5%
Reflex/mirrorless with lens mainly for reportage. Tripod and ND/GND filters for landscapes and sunrises/sunsets
Passport. Pls check for policy regarding visa (For EU citizens not required).
In October climate in Istanbul is mild, with range between day and night. Recommended layered clothing and waterproof protection in case of a shower. Being autumn there will be no problems in clothing for mosques
Meeting point and tour starting at Istanbul airport 3rd October (Thu) approx. 2-3pm
End of services at Istanbul airport 6th October (Sun) approx. 4-5pm
Detailed timetables will be discussed with guests following scheduled flights
Do you want to stay updated on the new initiatives of Namaa Travel Photography? Leave us your e-mail address, you can unsubscribe at any time.
A member of our staff will answer you as soon as possible.